Adult and University Groups
We welcome group visits throughout the year. Choose from the options below:
The Revolution Starts Here! Short Stop on the Freedom Trail
Start or end your group visit to Boston at Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party began! After a brief, 15-minute introduction to the dramatic history of this 1729 landmark, including its beginnings as a Puritan Meeting House, the meetings that led to the Boston Tea Party, and its last-minute rescue from demolition, your group can explore the museum at its own pace. Talks can be tailored to your group’s interests at time of reservation.
Group size: 10-50 people
Time: 30 minutes
Fees: $5.00 per person
Old South Meeting House Architecture Tour
For groups interested in architecture and historic preservation, this tour gives an up-close look at the amazing 1729 structure of Old South Meeting House. Learn what makes a Puritan meeting house unique, enjoy special access to the stunning view from the gallery level and learn about the heroic 19th century efforts to save the building from demolition.
Group size: 10-30 people
Time: 1 hour
Fees: $8.00 per person
Tea is Brewing
Experience the meeting that protested a tax… and sparked a Revolution with the Boston Tea Party! Bring this pivotal moment in history to life by taking on the roles of Patriots and Loyalists and recreating the fiery tea tax debates of 1773 in the very hall where they took place. * Group leaders receive pre-visit materials, including background information and character cards.
Group size: 10- 40 people
Time: 45-60 minutes
Fees: $8.00 per person
Middays at the Meeting House
Lectures and performances that explore American history and culture take place at lunchtime series on many Thursdays November through March from 12:15-1:00 p.m. and at other times throughout the year. Please check the calendar for upcoming programs. Special group rates available with advance group registration!
Group size: Most groups can be accommodated.
Time: 45 minutes
Fees: $4.00 per person only with advance registration
Reserve your place in history.
Reserve a special participatory program, introductory talk or a self guided visit for your group of 10 or more at Old South Meeting House and enjoy special group rates. To make a reservation contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 482-6439 x 12.
- A minimum of ten (10) people is required for all programs.
- Confirmed reservations are required for all groups. Groups that arrive without reservations will not receive the group discount and may have to be turned away at the door if the museum is too crowded or another group program is in progress.
- Space is limited and fills quickly. For the best chance of reserving your preferred date, time and program, reserve as far in advance as possible, especially for dates in April - June.
- K-12 school groups receive up to 2 free adult chaperones for every 10 students.
- Payment: A deposit is required for most program reservations; the balance is due on or before the program date. Payment can be made by credit card, check or cash.
Special: 10% discount for all programs in January and February! Just mention at the time of booking
Amenities for your group visit:
Looking for Great Souvenirs? The Old South Meeting House Museum Shop is chock full of wonderful educational resources, unique souvenirs, high quality New England made goods and, of course, teas! Exclusive items include Boston Tea Party merchandise and the historic Old South leaflets.
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Comfortably climate controlled